Monday, December 1, 2008

Selsey Sea Watch

Sunday 30th November Took the bus from Chichester to Selsey I walked to the bill via the main car park lots of gulls on the sea including Herring, Black Headed, Common, and then one gull caught my eye which turned out to be a Mediterranean Gull which was quite close down to 15 feet away. Also on the shore there where Turnstone other birds seen walking to the bill Greenfinch, Blackbird, Pied Wagtail, Dunnock
Set my self up on the bench at bill house for a 2 hour sea watch after settling in. Some birds started to move I saw Cormorant, 20+ Gannets 3 Red Throated Divers, Great Blacked Backed Gull, more Turnstone, Brent Geese, But eventually the cold and the rain got to me on the walk back a Great Skua flew past so it was off for coffee and wait for the bus back

No comments: