Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fleet Pond

on Saturday 16th Jan on my way home from work I missed my train and as the next one was stopping at fleet I decided to get of there and have a look around the pond witch is next to the station, I walked through the car park to the far end where you can get onto the path that goes around the pond on the edge of the pond I had Mute Swan, Mallard, Coot, Moorhen, Jay, Blackbird, Song Thrush, so adding a few to the years list, then I decided to have a wander along the east side of the pond where I found a flock of tits that included Great, Blue, Coal and a Marsh, a bit further along I found a few Redpolls with 6 Siskins, As it was now getting a bit dark started the walk back to the station at the bridge I had a final look at the pond where I had a Bittern fly across this was the bird I was hoping to see so it was worth missing my train for a good hour wandering around fleet pond

1 comment:

Eagleseagles said...

Nice birding there Kite- still to see a Siskin!

Talons crossed for you all on your trip to Espana - for the target mammal!

C