Thursday, April 15, 2010

15th April Sea Watch & Local Birds

This morning I spent just over a hour sea watching of the Anguna coast not a lot happening at first then after about 20 minutes I had 5 Lesser Crested Terns go by followed by a Gull Billed Tern there was a movement of Yellow Legged Gulls then close in a Slender Billed Gull past by, I then decided to have a ride to the next beach along the coast but not much else the House Crows and Long Billed Crows where noisy as ever over head the 2 Kites put up a good show (Black Kite & Brahminy Kite) I then rode around and had some of the birds that I see most days Black Drongo,House Sparrow, Intermediate Egret, Greater Coucal, Common Myna, White Breasted Kingfisher, Green Bee Eater, Indian Pond Heron I then had a look at the pond on the edge of Anduna (need to give it a name) as I arrived there where Red Wattled Plovers, and plenty of House Swifts then a bird flew across that caught my eye immature Black Crowned Night Heron it flew into a tree where I could see 4 more 2 Adults and 2 more immature nice to see them going to roost will try again to see if I can get any pictures as I was ridding back for breakfast I had Malabar Lark on the wires
this is the best time of day to see the birds nice and cool part of the day

No comments: