Thursday, March 29, 2012

West Sussex

West Sussex 27th to 29th March 2012

Tuesday 27th

Today decided on a walk around part of the RSPB reserve at Pagham Harbour I started at Church Farm walked down Church Lane to the north wall walked along the wall then took the path to Halseys Farm then on to Mill Lane past the Crap and Lobster pub where I stopped off for a pint then on to the information centre and a look at the ferry pool, Then I took the bus to Ivy lake part of the Chichester pit complex I walked through part of the pits to Runcton where I caught the bus back to Bognor

Wednesday 28th

 Today it was back to the information centre at RSPB reserve Pagham Harbour I continued my walk past the long pool then on down the west side to Church Norton  then on down to the harbour, Then i walked along the beach towards the several’s then I took the path between the several’s where I stopped for lunch, Then I continued through the fields till I came to the lane and followed it back to the main road where I caught the bus to Selsey then I walked along the coast to the east car park and the bus back

Thursday 29th

Today I took the bus to Bognor then got the bus to Elmer and walked to Littlehampton via Climping at Climping I normally walk the road towards the mill have walked this road for the past 30 years now there is a sign telling you this a private road and no general access so I had to use the top of the dunes and walk along the shingle beach

Birds seen over the past 3 days included

Rook, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Jay, Green Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Great/Blue/Coal Tit, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Firecrest, Goldcrest, Mistle Thrush, Blackbird, Ring Ouzel, Little Gull, Black Headed Gull, Great & Lesser Black Backed Gull, Common Gull, Woodpigeon, Little Ringeed Plover, Curlew, Grey Plover, Ringed Plover, Wigeon, Mallard, Coot, Moorhen, Swallow, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Cetti’s Warbler, Black Redstart, Sandwich Turn, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, Buzzard, Peregrine,
Current Year List stands at 184

1 comment:

Eagleseagles said...

Lots of healthy walking there Geoff! Some nice birds seen too!