Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mull Trip


28th / 29th April

Decided to take the coach to Scotland the reason was to keep the cost of travelling down left London at 22-30 (on the 28th) arrived Glasgow  07-00 (on 29th) had a hour and half wait for connection to Oban arrived 11-25 the trip from London was not that bad had worst on some flights, The trip to Oban is one I have done many times in a car but from a coach you see it from a different angle not a lot bird wise but a very enjoyable trip, On arriving at Oban I had a short walk around waiting for the pubs to start serving food at 12-00 found a nice quite one tucked away in a back street, After a snack and a pint i had a look in the harbour to see if I could see Black Guillemot that breed here but with no luck I then had a walk along the road towards the camping and caravan site looked good for Otter but again no luck so it was back to the Ferry Terminal for a short nap then the ferry to Mull on the crossing I had Guillemot and just over half way across I found a Black Guillemot but not a lot else, So i found my B&B and settled in have a great view of the bay so who knows what might turn up first thing in the mornings, Then off for my evening meal which I have just finished very nice indeed so now looking forward to the rest of the week hopefully I will be posting every evening as I have free Wi Fi at the B&B I have my bins with me so a look at the bay on the way back to the B&B.

No comments: