Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year Birding

On the 2nd I went to the Wetland Centre London spent a very pleasant morning very few people about so the birding was good I managed to see 50 species
We started by walking towards the peacock tower stopping at the other 2 hides on the way after the second hide we took the walk around the back to the wader scrape hide on route we had Siskin, Redpoll, a Fiedfare flew over, Jay and the useral birds that are about. In the wader scrape hide we had a snipe fly across in front of us when we got on it it turned out to be the Jack Snipe we had it very close to the right hand side of the hide. We then wallked to the peacock tower where we had a Water Pipit and Water Rail we had 3 sightings of Perigrine but no luck with the Bittern. On the way back home we stopped of in Richmond park for a short while where I added another 2 for my list by now it was getting cold so off home we went.

On the 3rd I went to Wraysbury pits I took a look at Wraysbury no 1 pit and the Heron Lake spent a very cold afternoon here I love this place only person I saw was a fisherman on the walk to Heron Lake I flushed A Kingfisher on the lake were the useral duck with c15 Goldeneye could not find the Goosander that I had earlier in the week only managed to add 5 to my list

This year my birding will be limited as the credit crunch will be taking it's toll so a lot of local birding at home in London and near Chichester where I spend the week

1 comment:

Eagleseagles said...

Maybee a little trip to the Forest of Dean?
C