Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday

Monday 08-03-2010

Went back to Baga today I was looking for a spot mentioned in one of the trip reports that I have still not sure if we went to the right spot ended up on the beach and headed for the headland to the north where I found a spot to sit down and then watched the sea for over a hour lots of Gulls and Terns going by Pallass Gull, Heuglines, Brown Headed gull and Yellow Legged Gull, Terns included Lesser Crested, Sandwich, Gull Billed on the edge of the beach there were Grey Heron Little Cormorant In the bushes behind me I had Red Throated Flycatcher then on the drive back I had a thermal of Black Kites & Brahminy Kite the total number was a count of 50 birds mainly Black Kites plus the mix of Egrets and Indian Pond Heron in the fields plenty of House Crows, Thick Billed Crows on the wires at the side of the road had Green Bee Eater, Blue Tailed Bee Eater, Black Drongo,

Tuesday 09-03-2010

Today headed for Santa Cruz took about ½ hour to get there the driver said this is one of the best spots for birding a quick scan and I was hooked from where we had parked I could see some waders so I walked down a path in the shade of the palm trees and was not disappointed about 20 minutes after arriving the sky was alive with kites c80 in with them was a Oriental Honey Buzzard I then continued on and found 6 Ringed Plovers, Watercock on the wires I found Long Tailed Shrike, Blue Tailed Bee Eater I also had 4 Wooly Necked Storks fly over so now was time to look for the waders Marsh Sandpiper followed by Wood Sandpiper, Spotted Redshank, Temminck’s Stint Just about to move when a Snipe caught my attention it did not look right on closer inspection turned out to b e a Pintail Snipe there were lots of Indian Pond Herons, Intermediate Egrets, Cattle Egret, Thick Billed Crows and House Crows, Common Myra, Great Coroucal, Rock Pigeon

On the way to the bar tonight I had Indian Nightjar

Wednesday 10-03-2010

Well my final day in Goa so where to go well I think I left the best till last so it’s back to Santa Cruz on arriving a Asian Openbill flew over there where the usual selection of Egrets and Indian Pond Heron Wader wise much the same as yesterday plus Greenshank, Over head the kites showed very well on one of the thermals I found a Changeable Hawk Eagle
So ends my birding in Goa will be putting full lists of birds together over the next couple of days

2 comments:

Eagleseagles said...

All sounds really great!
Glad that you are going back so soon and for a good length of time!

C

Gabriel Frost said...

This wwas a lovely blog post