Sunday, April 4, 2010

3rd April 2010 Goa

Carambolin Lake and area
Today I returned to Carambolin lake but instead of having at look a the lake I had a look at a area east of the lake this was some information that I fond on the net some one had posted a sketch map of the area witch included grassland, marsh 3 small woods and a mud flat area so I was set for the morning left my lodgings at 07-00 reached the area just before 08-00 we found the area with no trouble has I had the Sketch with me

On arriving I stood on the raised bank and scanned the marsh area the first birds that caught my attention where some small birds in the bushes in front of me they turned out to be Grey Breasted prinia I also had Intermediate Egrets, Darter, Indian Cormorant, Black Kite, Black Drongo I then walked along the bank for a short while and had very good views of Coppersmith Barbet and Purple Sunbird I then had a walk around one of the woods where there were Golden Oriole, Black Hooded Oriole, Plum Headed Parakeet as I came to the edge of the wood I flushed a Indian Pond Heron so tried to get a picture still having problems with the camera then I spotted a bird of prey sitting on the wires some way off I walked towards it and to my surprise it turned out to be another Black Shouldered Kite witch I watch and filmed (the video not the best) as I tried to get closer I was stopped by the fact that there was a ditch in the way but did have great views through the scope I then walked back through the wood to where the taxi was waiting then decided to walk beyond the edge of the wood to see if I could get any better views over the mud flat area as I approached the gate to this area one of the chaps remembered me from my last visit to the lake and just waved me through here I had 8 Black Headed Ibis my first Black Winged Stilt I also had Curlew, Kentish Plover, Little Egret, Great White Egret, Ruff, Black Tailed Godwit then some small waders flew across to the marsh area where there are a few pool these turned out to be Green Sandpiper and along the edge there where Clamouse Reed Warbler I then had a look at the other wood with more or less the same birds I then walked around the corner to view the mud flat are again from a different angle but nothing different as we drove back past the lake I had Purple Swaphen, Bronzed Winged Jacanas more Egrets and Pond Herons Lots of House Swifts, Red Rumped Swallows so ending another pleasant mornings birding

1 comment:

Eagleseagles said...

A pleasant morning? I think a wonderful morning! some brill birds there...Kite!

A place I have never really thought about birding but some non birders I know told me how amazing the birds were -!