Monday, December 27, 2010

26th December Boxing Day

Well after yet another night’s sleep interrupted by the people in the next room coming in at about 3 o’clock and slamming the doors and rearranging the furniture I did manage to get some sleep and was up and out by 7 o’clock

I decided to start by having a look at Baga Hill (Baga Jungle) I had a White Breasted Sea Eagle on the way to the Hill I took the scooter to the top of the hill no walking for me park up and walk out onto the hill I had only been there a short while when another birder appeared, we got talking and exchanged some details of other sites spent a couple of hours up here also met another birder some more information changed hands Birds seen included Peafowl, Greenish Warbler, (these are quite common) Radd’s Warbler,(good views) The usual 2 Kites, Golden Oriole, Black Hooded Oriole, Ashy Drongo, Purple Sunbird, Red crested Bulbul, Thick Billed Crow , House Crow, did not see the Quail that I had been told about

Next stop was a paddy at Apora more information from the birders I met on the hill they said I would not be disappointed and I was not Small Pratingcole c 150, Pacific Golden Plover c12, Kentish Plover c25, Marsh Sandpiper c4, Redshank, Greenshank, Common Sandpiper, Great White Egrets c15, Little Egrets c20, Indian Pond Heron c30+, Little Cormorant,On the wires were Barn Swallow, Needle Tailed Swallow, Long Tailed Shrike, Little Bee Eater, Black Drongo, here I met some more birders and while I was talking to them we had a Osprey flying around in front of us I will be visiting this site more Know I now of it

Next stop Apora wood in the hope of seeing Indian Pitta no luck I will keep tryong
I have not put all the birds I have seen or heard today as this would just take up space my Goan list is around the 150 mark at the moment

Now time for Breakfast so a full English is called for and very nice it was
Now as the heat is getting to much it’s back to base for a few hours (I have ac this time and very welcome it is)

This evening I decided to take a look at Augarda again after the Indian Pitta still no sign but I did hear one calling other bids here included Red Whiskered Bulbul, White Breasted Kingfisher, Stork Billed Kingfisher, Paddy field Warbler,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a brilliant day's birding!
Indian Pitta will fall soon!
C