Tuesday, December 28, 2010

27th December Apora Wood and Paddy

Started out at 7-30 this morning arrive at Apora Wood at ¼ to eight on the walk up to the wood I had Great Coucal, Common Ioras,Rufous Treepie, as I approached the wood there were a lot of small birds calling Purple Sunbird, Black-Lored Tit, Fan trailed Warbler, Little Bee Eater, only had a quick look for the Pitta no luck expect I’ll get this bird when I’m not looking for it then I met a couple of birders Just as I spoke to them we had a Rufous Woodpecker a good bird for this site I also got onto a Common Hawk Cuckoo, we then found 2 Golden Fronted Leafbirds, then we had about 20 Monkeys go through the tree tops back to the birds Coppersmith Barbet, Grey headed Bulbul, Barn swallow, Mountain Iperal Pigeon, Brahminy Kite carrying nesting material. On my way back to where I had parked I had Loten’s Sunbird, Little Bee Eater,

Next stop was the paddy that I visited yesterday not as many Small pratingcoles plenty of Little Egrets and Great white Egrets a couple of Marsh Sandpiper extra wader today was Green Sandpiper I had the Osprey again flying around then some of the waders got up and I found a Bersa flying towards me on the wires nearby I had Malabar Lark

As I am here for awhile I am playing with some of the settings on my Video Camera so hope to have some good footage which I will need to down load when I return to the UK

List is currently stands at 161

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another good birding session!
Lok forward tothe videos!
C