Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goa Update

In the past week I have been to Siolim paddy fields and area 3 times all at different times of the day there is a road that goes through the centre of the paddies where most people watch from because I have had more time I have found 3 other places it is worth watching from where if you take care you can get a bit closer to the birds. Birds seen include Asian Openbill, Wooly Necked Stork, White Stork, Glossy Ibis, Great White, Little, Intermediate, Cattle, Egrets, Western Reef Heron, Indian Pond Heron, Stork Billed, White Breasted and Common Kingfishers, Black Winged Stilt, Pintail Snipe, Common Sandpiper, Wood Sandpiper, both Kites, barn Swallows, Wire Tailed Swallow,

I have also been looking at the paddies and fields around Pilern these areas are god for Pipits & Larks most people watch from the road that runs through the middle of most of these paddies as I am on the scooter I take some of the small tracks across as long as I do not get off the scooter I can get close to some of the birds just cut the engine and sit birds seen include Marsh Harrier, both Kites Little Bee Eater, Paddyfield Pipit, Richards Pipit, Malabar lark, Greater Short Toed Lark, Black Drongo, Stork Billed Kingfisher, Cattle Egret, Little Egret, Intermediate Egret, Indian Pond Heron, Long Tailed Shrike, Brown Shrike,

I have also Been Looking for the Indian Pita but still no luck

No comments: