Friday, January 8, 2016

Staines Reservoir

Was planning on going to Widewater today but heard this morning that no sign of the Goosander so change of plan went to Staines Reservoir instead met Corinna on the causeway between the reservoirs our target birds where Scaup and Black Necked Grebe Corinna had already seen a Black Necked Grebe by the time I arrived so we set of across the reservoirs scanning the large flocks of ducks plenty of Tufted Duck and Pochard with good numbers of Wigeon took some time but I found a Scaup  we then continued across where we had a flock of 20+ Meadow Pipits with a Water Pipit with them I found a Black Necked Grebe then Corinna found 2 more we also had a Med Gull fly over and a few Dunlin on our return back along the path on the south basin we had Goldeneye as we got back to the other side I found another Scaup other birds seen Mallard, Carrion Crow, Black Headed Gull, Coot, Pied Wagtail, Teal so ended a good afternoons birding I added 4 for the year putting me on 93


1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

Think you made the right choice of some good birds..