Thursday, January 7, 2016

Wetland Centre London

after the rain this morning decided a trip to the Wetland Centre London was a place to go on arriving set of for the Headley hide spoke to one of the volunteers he said best place to look for the Bittern was the wildside hide so setting of then going back because I forgot my brolly  i then caught up with him in the hide we started looking but no sign he then left and a lady volunteer arrived plus one other in the hide after a short while I found the Bittern sitting in the reed preening we all had good views for about 10 minutes from here I also found the Female Goldeneye on the the main lake I had Mandarin Duck I then set of for the other side of the reserve and headed for the Peacock Tower on route I had a Peregrine   my 3rd of the week also had Sparrowhawk from the tower I had Great Crested Grebe and after a bit of finding the Jack Snipe and  on my back to the bus I had Mistle Thrush on the playing fields so ending a good afternoons birding  that puts me on 89 for the year




No comments: