Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Rainham Marshes


Trip today to Rainham Marshes after a very quick journey arrived at the marshes at 11-20 sat watching the feeders and the reserve I had a Little Egret while waiting for Corinna to arrive just before 12 we set of round the reserve first stop was to see if we could see Dartford Warbler after a short time in the rain we located one with a couple of Stonechats we also had a Raven the rain did stop so of to one of the hides here we found the Water Pipit (second one in 2 days) here we had Snipe, Pintail, Teal, Shoverler. Black Headed Gull, we then continured ouw walk a few Cetti's Warblers Calling as we walked along by the railway Corinna spotted a Perigrine as we walked towrds the shooting but hide we had a lot of Lapwings in the air on closer inspection we found some Golden Plovers in with them, So on to the hide here we had a selection of Wigeon more Pintail I had a Meadow Pipit then I found a Marsh Harrier sitting in a small tree after spending some time in the hide we set of for the area behide the toilets where we had been told to look out for Short Eared Owl after a shoert time I found one flying behide the old shooting buts then Corinna found a second fly behind us that flew behind the buts nice views of both we then continured back to the centre other birds seen included Carrion Crow, Magpie, Robin, Wren, Reed Bunting, Pied Wagtail,Blue Tit Great Tit, Coal Tit, Blackbird, Greylag Geese, Brent Goose, Mute Swan, House Sparrow, Sttarling, Collared Dove, Stock Dove,


On my way back to the train I had a Redshank, Turnstone and Rock Pipit along the river so ending a very good days birding I added 17 for the year taking my total for the year to 81

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good days birding indeed!
I forgot to put Coal Tit down so I had 49 today! Grand total of 51 for the year!
Corinna